The Seattle Node.js Meetup is pleased announce our next meetup on Wednesday, May 20 with a great workshop led by StrongLoop. We’ll get food and beverages thanks to StrongLoop. Please bring a laptop and local Node.js installation (we all have that, right?) so that we can all code up our own REST APIs!
Call for Volunteers: We would appreciate some volunteers to help us breakdown the venue space after the workshop and give Moz back a sparkly clean venue. Please tweet / email us or comment on the Meetup event page!
See you soon!
6:00 - 6:30pm: Start with food and beverages, courtesy of StrongLoop.
6:30 - 9:30pm: Bust out your laptop, dive into the workshop, and code up a production-ready REST API.
9:30pm - 10:00pm: Wind down and help close the workshop.
Develop, Deploy, Monitor and Hyper-scale REST APIs Built in Node.js
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- Jumpstart tips for Rails, .NET, Java and PHP developers new to Node
- Pros and cons of various frameworks for developing Node-powered APIs
- How to develop APIs from scratch with the open source Loopback.io framework, Express and MDD
- Connecting Node apps to datasources including MongoDB, REST, Oracle and MySQL
- Creating aggregations, mashups and custom methods on API endpoints
- Creating API-based mobile services like push and geolocation through iOS, JS and Android SDKs
- Enabling offline sync for your devices and apps, particularly for AngularJS
- Build and Deployment best practices for Node
- How to monitor Node apps performance using StatsD and your own graphical console
- Vertical scaling using Node cluster
- Horizontal scaling and Process Management with open source strong-pm.io
- Nginx & Docker Containerization
- Microservices Architectural Patterns
Shubhra Kar, Head of Product Marketing and Education @StrongLoop spends his days working with large Node.js applications in production at big retail, banking and fortune 500 companies. StrongLoop is the biggest contributor to Node.js and io.js core employing than 60% of top committers. StrongLoop also maintains open source frameworks like Express.js and loopback.io as well as open runtimes like strong-pm.io.
Venue / Sponsor
Moz is hosting the workshop and is located at: 1100 2nd Avenue, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98101.
StrongLoop is providing food and beverages.